The Invisible, Senseless Killer!

You Can’t See It. You Can’t Hear It. You Can’t Smell It. You Can’t Taste It. You Can’t Feel It.

Carbon Monoxide (CO) is the “invisible” killer. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and poisonous gas. Every year more people die from unintentional exposure to carbon monoxide associated with consumer products.

Carbon monoxide clues you can see…

  • Rusting or water streaking on vent/chimney
  • Loose or missing furnace panel
  • Sooting
  • Debris or soot falling from chimney, replace, or appliances
  • Loose masonry on chimney
  • Moisture inside of windows

CO Warning and Safe Practices

  • Never leave a car running in a garage even with the garage door open.
  • Never run a generator in the home, garage, or crawlspace. Opening doors and windows or using fans will NOT prevent CO build-up in the home. When running a generator outdoors, keep it away from open windows and doors.
  • Never burn charcoal in homes, tents, vehicles, or garages.
  • Never install or service combustion appliances without proper knowledge, skills, and tools.
  • Never use a gas range, oven, or dryer for heating.
  • Never put foil on bottom of a gas oven because it interferes with combustion.
  • Never operate an unvented gas-burning appliance in a closed room or in a room in which you are sleeping.

Carbon monoxide clues you cannot see…

  • Internal appliance damage or malfunctioning components
  • Improper burner adjustments
  • Hidden blockage or damage in chimneys Only a trained service technician can detect hidden problems and correct these conditions!
  • CO poisoning symptoms have been experienced when you are home, but they lessen or disappear when you are away from home.

FisherAir’s qualified technicians can help keep your family safe by performing CO tests on your furnace and home by installing CO detectors and CO low level monitors.